Mental Health Services
© Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Montana
Current Effective Date:
November 26, 2013
Original Effective Date:
November 26, 2013
August 26, 2013
Mental Health services are treatment methods directed toward identifying specific behavior patterns, factors determining such behavior, and effective goal-oriented therapies.
Each benefit plan, summary plan description or contract defines which services are covered, which services are excluded, and which services are subject to dollar caps or other limitations, conditions or exclusions. Members and their providers have the responsibility for consulting the member's benefit plan, summary plan description or contract to determine if there are any exclusions or other benefit limitations applicable to this service or supply. If there is a discrepancy between a Medical Policy and a member's benefit plan, summary plan description or contract, the benefit plan, summary plan description or contract will govern.
Disclaimer for coding information on Medical Policies
Procedure and diagnosis codes on Medical Policy documents are included only as a general reference tool for each policy. They may not be all-inclusive.
The presence or absence of procedure, service, supply, device or diagnosis codes in a Medical Policy document has no relevance for determination of benefit coverage for members or reimbursement for providers. Only the written coverage position in a medical policy should be used for such determinations.
Benefit coverage determinations based on written Medical Policy coverage positions must include review of the member’s benefit contract or Summary Plan Description (SPD) for defined coverage vs. non-coverage, benefit exclusions, and benefit limitations such as dollar or duration caps.
94.01 to 94.69, 290.0 to 319
90785, 90791, 90792, 90832, 90833, 90834, 90836, 90837, 90838, 90839, 90840, 90863, 90845, 90846, 90847, 90849, 90853, 90865, 90882, 90885, 90887, 90899, 96150, 96151, 96152, 96153, 96154, 96155
- National Institute of Health Consensus Development Conference Statement, Electroconvulsive Therapy. June 10-12, 1985.
- Practice Guideline for the treatment of patients with bipolar disorder. Blue Cross Blue Shield Association Medical Policy Reference Manual Mental Health Introduction (1995 December 1) 3.01.
- American Psychiatric Association (1994)151 (12 Supplement):1-36.
- Practice Parameters for the Assessment and Treatment of Children and Adolescents with Depressive Disorders. AACAP Journal of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry (1998 October) 37(10 Supplement):63S-83S.
- Manhal-Baugus, M. E-therapy: practical, ethical, and legal issues. Cyberpsychology and Behavior (October 2001) 4(5): 551-63.
- Miller, L., M. Weissman. Interpersonal psychotherapy delivered over the telephone to recurrent depressives. A pilot study. Depression and Anxiety. (2002) 16(3):114-7.
- Lynch, T.B., Morse, J.Q., et al. Dialectical behavior therapy for depressed older adults: a randomized pilot study. American Journal of Psychiatry (January-February 2003) 11(1):33-45.
- Castelnuovo, G., Gaggioli, A., et al. From psychotherapy to e-therapy: the integration of traditional techniques and new communication tools in clinical settings. Cyberpsychology and Behavior (August 2003) 6(4): 375-82.
||New 2013 BCBSMT medical policy.|