Requesting a Charitable Contribution or Sponsorship
Only Montana-based, 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations, 501(c)(4) social welfare organizations, and 501(c)(6) business leagues will be considered for charitable contributions, sponsorships, volunteer support, or in-kind donations.
The BCBSMT Corporate Contributions and Sponsorship Committee views requests for charitable contributions or sponsorships on a monthly basis. To request a contribution or sponsorship, submit the following information along with a cover letter to:
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Montana
P.O. Box 4309
Helena, MT 59604
You may also email your request to John_Doran@bcbsmt.com.
To help ensure financial contributions are provided to wide variety of applicants across Montana, BCBSMT provides funding at the following levels:
||Printing or other business services (subject to resource availability)
The following information must be provided with each request:
- Organization name, complete mailing address, and background information.
- Contact name, phone number, and email address.
- Statement of tax status and IRS designation.
- Description of how the contribution/sponsorship dollars will be used.
- Description of how the request aligns with our mission to partner with Montanans to help them lead healthier lives.
The following exclusions apply:
- Requests from organizations that discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, or disability with respect to employment or volunteer participation.
- Requests from religious organizations for sectarian purposes will not be considered; however, a community health program sponsored by a religious organization will be considered.
- Requests that solicit financial support for individuals, political candidates, and political campaigns, or entities that are not nonprofit organizations will not be considered.
- Requests for programs outside of Montana.
- Requests from organizations and programs not tax-exempt.
- Requests from Individuals.
- Requests for capital campaigns or endowments.
- Requests from fraternal groups, unless the contribution will be used to address a documented community health-related need.
- Requests for goodwill advertising or advertising campaigns.
- Requests by direct-mail marketing or fundraising campaigns.