Expecting and New Mothers
Breast Pump Benefit
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Montana (BCBSMT) may reimburse a new mother for the purchase of one breast pump per pregnancy.
To submit a reimbursement request, follow these simple steps:
- Contact a BCBSMT Customer Service Representative at 1.800.447.7828 to verify your particular plan offers this benefit.
- Purchase the breast pump of your choice (be sure to retain the UPC code of the product). NOTE: Hospital-grade pumps may be rented, as needed. Otherwise, any non-hospital grade pump is eligible for reimbursement.
- Click on the button below to obtain the Breast Pump Benefit Form.
- Complete all fields of the form and attach the receipt. (Make a copy for your records).
- Mail the completed form and receipt to the address listed. You will receive a check in the mail for the cost of the breast pump.
Assistance with Breast Feeding
Benefits for assistance with breast feeding may be available under your health plan. These services help mothers and babies with latching difficulties, painful nursing, low milk production, or inadequate weight gain.
Reimbursement for services to support breast feeding may be available, for up to three visits per pregnancy, when provided by a certified lactation consultant under the general supervision of a licensed physician MD/DO or a licensed mid-level practitioner (Advanced Practice Registered Nurse or Physician Assistant), and the claim is filed by the physician or mid-level practitioner.