Getting Started with iExchange®
Beginning August 4, 2014, our automated pre-authorization tool — AerialTM iExchange (iExchange) — will support direct submissions and provide online approval, benefits for inpatient admissions and select outpatient services 24 hours a day, seven days a week — with the exception of every third Sunday of the month when the system will be unavailable from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. (MT). iExchange is accessible to physicians, professional providers and facilities contracted with Montana.
New User Setup
You will need a User ID, password and iExchange ID to gain access to the tool.
- If you are a new employee in an office that already uses iExchange, contact your office administrator for a new username.
- If your office is new to iExchange, you will need to set up an initial administrator account.
- To set up a new account, you must be a network physician, professional provider or facility within Montana. If you meet the criteria, complete and submit the online enrollment form.
New Account Management
Enrollment confirmation will be sent via email within 10 business days. The assigned User ID is for your office administrator who will also be able to create additional usernames for new staff members. The unique iExchange ID is your office account number — it is the same for all users in your office.
- You will receive a temporary password, which must be changed upon receipt.
- If you forget your password or it has been compromised, use the Forgot Password option on the iExchange Provider login page. Or, ask your office administrator to reset your password for you.
- If you are the iExchange office administrator and you need your password reset, complete and submit the iExchange password reset form.
- All passwords must be changed every 30 days.
The Provider login can be added to your favorites. Transaction requests include inpatient admission requests and extensions, treatment searches, provider/member searches and select outpatient service requests and extensions.
- To search by member ID, key the member ID exactly as it appears on the ID card. Name and date of birth search options also are available.
- Required Data — All fields should be completed for each transaction unless marked "optional." Short lists can be created by the administrative users for commonly used provider ID numbers, diagnoses and procedure codes.
For a successful experience with the iExchange portal, we encourage you to attend one of the webinars listed below. To register, click on the date you would like to attend.
iExchange ICD-10 Enhancements
iExchange Training: Behavioral Health Intensive Outpatient Program
More webinars may be scheduled if needed. Custom training is available upon request. Please email us and include the following information:
- Contact name/phone number
- Organization name
- iExchange ID (if applicable)
- NPI and Tax ID
- Training topic
- Number of attendees
Have questions? Email our iExchange help desk.
Submitting a Behavioral Health Initial Visit Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) Request
Submitting an Outpatient Pharmacy Pre-authorization
Submitting an Inpatient Pre-authorization Request
Submitting an Outpatient Pre-authorization Request
Extending an Inpatient Pre-authorization Request
Extending an Outpatient Pre-authorization Request
Submitting a Referral Request
Adding Submitting Providers
Submitting a Treatment Search
Submitting a Treatment Update Search