Our automated preauthorization tool — Aerial™ iExchange® (iExchange) — supports direct submission and provides online approval of benefits for inpatient admissions, as well as select outpatient, pharmacy and behavioral health services 24 hours a day, seven days a week — with the exception of every third Sunday of the month when the system will be unavailable from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. (MT). iExchange is accessible to physicians, professional providers and facilities contracted with BCBSMT.
New User Setup
You will need a User ID, password and iExchange ID to gain access to the tool.
- If you are a new employee in an office that already uses iExchange, contact your office administrator for a new username.
- If your office is new to iExchange, you will need to set up an initial administrator account.
- To set up a new account, you must be a network physician, professional provider or facility within Montana. If you meet the criteria, complete and submit the online enrollment form.
New Account Management
Enrollment confirmation will be sent via email within 10 business days. The assigned User ID is for your office administrator who will also be able to create additional usernames for new staff members. The unique iExchange ID is your office account number — it is the same for all users in your office.
- You will receive a temporary password, which must be changed upon receipt.
- If you forget your password or it has been compromised, use the Forgot Password option on the iExchange Provider login page . Or, ask your office administrator to reset your password for you.
- If you are the iExchange office administrator and you need your password reset, complete and submit the iExchange Password Reset Form. All passwords must be changed every 30 days.
The Provider login can be added to your favorites. Transaction requests include inpatient admission requests and extensions, treatment searches, provider/member searches and select outpatient service requests and extensions.
- To search by member ID, key the member ID exactly as it appears on the ID card. Name and date of birth search options also are available.
- Required Data - All fields should be completed for each transaction unless marked "optional." Short lists can be created by the administrative users for commonly used provider ID numbers, diagnoses and procedure codes.
- Adding Submitting Providers
- Extending an Inpatient Pre-authorization Request
- Extending an Outpatient Pre-authorization Request
- Submitting a Behavioral Health Initial Visit Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) Request
- Submitting a Referral Request
- Submitting a Treatment Search
- Submitting a Treatment Update Search
- Submitting an Inpatient Pre-authorization Request
- Submitting an Outpatient Pharmacy Pre-authorization
- Submitting an Outpatient Pre-authorization Request
Please note that verification of eligibility and benefits information, and/or the fact that any pre-service review has been conducted, is not a guarantee of payment. Benefits will be determined once a claim is received and will be based upon, among other things, the member's eligibility and the terms of the member's certificate of coverage applicable on the date services were rendered.