BCBSMT: Availity® Provider Training
In these one-hour webinar sessions, we will present an overview of electronic options available in the Availity Engagement Portal for BCBSMT providers.
Participants will learn how:
- Check real-time eligibility and benefits
- Conduct pre-service request
- Verify real-time claim status
- Complete post-service reconciliation
- Enroll for electronic remittance and fund transfer
New and existing Availity users are highly encouraged to attend. To register for a complimentary webinar, select a session date & time below.
- September 15, 2020 – 10 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- September 22, 2020 – 10 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- September 29, 2020 – 10 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Oct. 6, 2020 – 10 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Oct. 13, 2020 – 10 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Oct. 20, 2020 – 10 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Oct. 27, 2020 – 10 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Nov. 3, 2020 – 10 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Nov. 10, 2020 – 10 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Nov. 17, 2020 – 10 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Dec. 1, 2020 – 10 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Dec. 8, 2020 – 10 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Dec. 15, 2020 – 10 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Dec. 29, 2020 – 10 a.m. to 11 a.m.
BCBSMT is hosting one-hour webinar session for you to learn how to electronically submit preauthorization requests handled by BCBSMT using Availity’s new Authorizations tool. To register for session, select your preferred date and time below.
- September 16, 2020 – 10 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- September 23, 2020 – 10 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- September 30, 2020 – 10 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Oct. 7, 2020 – 10 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Oct. 14, 2020 – 10 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Oct. 21, 2020 – 10 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Oct. 28, 2020 – 10 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Nov. 11, 2020 – 10 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Nov. 18, 2020 – 10 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Dec. 2, 2020 – 10 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Dec. 9, 2020 – 10 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Dec. 16, 2020 – 10 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Dec. 30, 2020 – 10 a.m. to 11 a.m.
Remittance Viewer & Reporting On-Demand
These online tools offers providers and billing services a convenient way to view claim detail information from the 835 Electronic Remittance Advice (835 ERA) and the Provider Claim Summary (PCS). Attend a webinar to learn how to gain or grant access, conduct a search, view general and payer specific information, and save or print results.
To register, select a webinar date and time from the list below:
Behavioral Health – CME/CEU Webinars
BCBSMT is offering educational behavioral health webinars. Those who attend will earn continuing medical education credits (CMEs) or continuing education units (CEUs) at no charge.
What You Need to Know About Substance Abuse
Join one of our board-certified psychiatrists and behavioral health medical directors to discuss screening, diagnosis and treatment options for our members with substance abuse disorders.
|Sept. 30, 2020||Noon to 1 p.m. (MDT)||1 unit|
The New Mexico Regulations and Licensing Department, Boards and Commissions, Counseling and Therapy and the NM Psychological Association accepts approved social work CEUs for license requirements.
New Mexico Osteopathic Medical Association is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association to provide osteopathic continuing medical education for physicians. The New Mexico Osteopathic Medical Association designates this program for a maximum of one (1) AOA Category 1-A credit and will report CME and specialty credits commensurate with the extent of the physician’s participation in this activity.
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of Presbyterian and the New Mexico Osteopathic Medical Association. Presbyterian is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Physicians and other health care providers are encouraged to use their own best medical judgment based upon all available information and the condition of the patient in determining the best course of treatment.
Checking eligibility and/or benefit information and/or the fact that a service has been preauthorized is not a guarantee of payment. Benefits will be determined once a claim is received and will be based upon, among other things, the member’s eligibility and the terms of the member’s certificate or contract of coverage applicable on the date services were rendered. If you have any questions, please call the number on the member’s ID card.
Availity is a trademark of Availity, LLC, a separate company that operates a health information network to provide electronic information exchange services to medical professionals. Availity provides administrative services to BCBSMT. BCBSMT makes no endorsement, representations or warranties regarding any products or services provided by third party vendors such as Availity. If you have any questions about the products or services provided by such vendors, you should contact the vendor(s) directly.