Preventive Care Guidelines for Montana Commercial, Marketplace and Medicare plans
BCBSMT publishes and disseminates evidence-derived Preventive Care Guidelines based upon the recommendations of recognized sources such as professional medical associations, specialty societies, professional consensus panels, national task forces, and governmental entities. The guidelines are designed to improve physician/practitioner awareness of (and compliance with) effective clinical preventive care, to improve patient education and to increase the percentage of members who receive recommended clinical preventive care services. These guidelines are current and have been reviewed and approved by the BCBSMT Clinical Quality Committee.
The guidelines are not all inclusive and do not cover all possible circumstances, but should be considered as a summary of basic preventive services for these populations:
- Children from birth to 17 years
- Adults 18 years and older
- Adults 65 years and older
These wellness resources for BCBSMT members can help your patients take a more active role in matters concerning their health and well-being.
Annual Wellness Visit Resources for Medicare Providers
- Our Medicare Advantage Annual Wellness Visit Guide includes a visit checklist and information on Medicare coverage, coding tips, preventive services and closing gaps in care.
- Our Medicare Advantage Annual Wellness Visit Form can be followed during our members' wellness visits. It can be used as a fillable form or printed and completed by hand.