Blue Distinction Total Care (BDTC), a Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association (BCBSA) national designation program, recognizes contracted doctors and hospitals for their efforts in coordinating total patient care.
The Blue Distinction Total Care Benefit Differential product helps self-insured group clients and their employees use providers with this total care distinction. You can help steer your clients to value-based care providers using BDTC's benefit differential product.
Here’s an example of a benefit design:
- Tier 1 - Designated BDTC Primary Care Providers
- Tier 2 - PPO Contracted Facilities and Providers
- Tier 3 - Out-of-Network
Advantages for Employers
• Helps improve member outcomes
• Provides custom three-tier benefit designs
• Provides transparency tools to facilitate members taking more active, educated roles in their health care decisions
• Provides pre-analytic and client reporting to identify savings opportunities and provider performance for your group