Claim Payment and Remittance
Thank you for helping Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Montana (BCBSMT) GO GREEN and your interest in BCBSMT's Electronic Claim, Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) and Electronic Remittance Advise (ERA) submissions.
There is no paperwork needed to submit your BCBSMT claims electronically, just provide the information outlined under the, “How do I sign up for Electronic BCBSMT Claim Submission?”
How do I submit BCBSMT claims electronically?
You or your billing agent will need to utilize a third-party claims clearinghouse vendor to submit electronic Professional and Institutional claims (ANSI 837P and 837I transactions) to BCBSMT. For vendor options and information, see our E-Commerce Connections menu.
Electronic Solutions for an Efficient Office
What are the advantages of Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT), Electronic Remittance Advice (ERA) and Electronic Payment Summary (EPS)?
- No more lost or stolen checks
- Quicker access to your funds
- Increased security of information
- Less time spent on claims tracking
- Expedited patient account reconciliation
- Easier retrieval of archived data
It's easy to enroll!
Providers may enroll and/or make necessary changes to the Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) and Electronic Remittance Advice (ERA) set up through the Availity Web portal. The online EFT and ERA enrollment process through Availity can be completed in near real-time, without the inconvenience of downloading and faxing or mailing paper enrollment forms.
Online EFT and ERA enrollment is available to registered Availity users. To register for Availity, simply go to availity.com and sign up today, at no additional cost. For assistance with the EFT and ERA enrollment process, refer to the Tip Sheets located in the Related Resources section.
Electronic Solutions Simplified
- Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) is a direct deposit of your claim payment from BCBSMT to your designated bank account.
- Electronic Remittance Advice (ERA) or ANSI 835 transaction is a HIPAA-compliant method of receiving claim payment and remittance details. The ERA can be automatically posted to your patient accounting system. You should also check with your billing service, clearing house or software vendor to confirm ERA-compatibility and availability of auto-posting software.
- Electronic Payment Summary (EPS) is an electronic version of the paper Provider Claim Summary (PCS). You will automatically be enrolled for the EPS when you enroll for ERA. The EPS arrives faster than the PCS and is easier to archive for future retrieval.
- Remittance Viewer is an electronic tool accessible to Availity users. This tool permits providers and billing services the ability to search, view, save and print remittance information, even if the ERA is delivered to an appointed receiver. To learn more, go to the Remittance Viewer page, found in the Education & Reference/Tools section.
Have additional E-Commerce questions? Contact our Electronic Commerce Center by emailing email@example.com. Also, visit the Training page in the Education and Reference Center of our Provider website for dates and times of upcoming Remittance Viewer webinars.
Compensation for Services, Fee Schedules
How much will I be compensated for my services?
All Compensation Policies and Fee Schedules are available on our website when you Register for Provider Online Services . For clarifications and questions, contact HCS-X6100@bcbsmt.com or call 800-447-7828 ext. 6100.
You can log in on at the top of the page for more information.
Availity is a registered trademark of Availity, L.L.C., a separate company that operates a health information network to provide electronic information exchange services to medical professionals. Availity provides administrative services to BCBSMT. BCBSMT makes no endorsement, representations or warranties regarding any products or services offered by third party vendors such as Availity. If you have any questions about the products or services offered by such vendors, you should contact the vendor(s) directly.
- Availity Electronic Funds Transfer Tip Sheet
- Availity Electronic Remittance Advice Tip Sheet
- Electronic Funds Transfer Companion Guide (835 EFT)
- Electronic Remittance Advice Companion Guide (835 ERA)
- Important PCS FAQs
- Interpreting the ‘PLB’ Segment on the 835 ERA
- Reporting on Demand/PCS Tip Sheet
- Remittance Viewer Tip Sheet