April 27, 2022
The Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Montana (BCBSMT) Secure Provider Portal will retire on June 30, 2022. To prepare for this change, we encourage all providers to start using Availity® Essentials. The same type of information you received in the BCBSMT Secure Provider Portal is available in Availity Essentials, as well as access to more enhanced tools and functionality.
What does Availity offer?
Availity Essentials is an online portal that gives providers access to an array of robust tools and resources with a simplified user experience. Listed below are just some of the transactions you can quickly complete:
- Eligibility and Benefits
- Member ID Card Viewer
- Patient ID Finder
- Prior Authorizations
- Patient Care Summary
- Fee Schedule Viewer (professional)
- NDC Units Calculator
- Claim Status and Other Claim Management Tools
- Provider Claim Summary and/or Electronic Remittance
Providers will also access the BCBSMT Value Based Care Program Policies, Reports and Upload for Data Exchange; Facility Fee Schedules; Provider Manuals; and Coding and Compensation Policies in Availity Essentials as of June 30, 2022. More detailed communication and training sessions will soon be made available for you to learn how to retrieve this information via Availity.
Training and Resources
- BCBSMT host weekly and monthly webinars for you to learn how to access and use the various Availity tools and resources. To register for a session, visit the Provider Training page of our website and select your preferred date and time.
- Refer to the Provider Tools section to view instructive user guides for our self-service tools accessible through Availity.
- If have additional questions or need customized training, email our Provider Education Consultants.
If you have not registered for Availity, you can sign up today. For registration assistance, contact Availity Client Services at 800-282-4548.
Stay Informed! Watch for future communications coming to the News and Updates section of our website.
Availity is a trademark of Availity, LLC, a separate company that operates a health information network to provide electronic information exchange services to medical professionals. Availity provides administrative services to BCBSMT. BCBSMT makes no endorsement, representations or warranties regarding third party vendors and the products and services they offer.