October 13, 2022
The Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Montana (BCBSMT) Secure Provider Portal will be retired on Nov. 30, 2022. To prepare for this change, we encourage you to start using Availity Essentials, or another preferred web vendor, to receive the same type of information you previously received in the secure portal.
Availity Essentials is HIPAA compliant portal and helps providers and BCBSMT to securely share information easily and efficiently. Some advantages of using Availity includes 24/7 access, real-time search results, no cost transactions, printable results, online help features and more.
What else does Availity offer?
Availity Essentials gives providers access to an array of robust tools and resources with a simplified user experience. Listed below are just some of the transactions you can quickly complete online:
- Eligibility and Benefits
- Member ID Card Viewer
- Patient ID Finder
- Prior Authorizations
- Patient Care Summary
- Fee Schedule Viewer (professional)
- NDC Units Calculator
- Claim Status and Other Claim Management Tools
- Provider Claim Summary and/or Electronic Remittance
New Availity Offerings
In preparation of the BCBSMT Secure Provider Portal retirement, a new Plan Documents Viewer application was created in our BCBSMT-branded Payer Spaces section via Availity for contracted providers to view, download and/or save the BCBSMT Provider Manuals, Coding and Compensation Policies, and Facility, National Drug Code (NDC) and Resource Based Relative Value Scale (RBRVS) Fee Schedules.
Additionally, Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) providers will use Availity’s Send and Receive EDI Files functionality to receive and send updated Value Based Care (VBC) program policies and reports to BCBSMT for data exchange.
Training and Resources
- BCBSMT host weekly and monthly complimentary webinars for you to learn how to access and use the various Availity tools and resources. To register for a session, visit the Provider Training page of our website and select your preferred date and time.
- Refer to the Provider Tools section to view instructive user guides for our self-service tools accessible through Availity.
- If have additional questions or need customized training, email our Provider Education Consultants.
If you have not registered for Availity, you can sign up today. For registration assistance, contact Availity Client Services at 800-282-4548.
Availity is a trademark of Availity, LLC, a separate company that operates a health information network to provide electronic information exchange services to medical professionals. Availity provides administrative services to BCBSMT. BCBSMT makes no endorsement, representations or warranties regarding third party vendors and the products and services they offer.