August 1, 2023
Effective July 15, 2023, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Montana (BCBSMT) will provide a provisional credentialing process which allows for a "provisional network participation" status if the provider applicant has:
- A valid BCBSMT Provider Record ID for claim payment.
- Completed the Council for Affordable Quality Healthcare (CAQH) ProView database online application with "global" or "plan specific" authorization to BCBSMT.
- A valid license to practice in Montana
Providers will be notified once the CAQH credentialing applications are reviewed for completeness. The review takes on average 8–10 calendar days.
- If the applicant does not meet the "provisional network participation" requirements, the applicant must be fully credentialed and approved prior to being made effective.
- Credentialing can be a very involved and timely process. Please allow sufficient time for the full credentialing process to be completed before checking your status with BCBSMT Status can be checked by referring to the