April 6, 2020
In the February 2020 News and Updates we announced that on May 4, 2020, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Montana (BCBSMT) will discontinue the mailing process for paper PCS receivers. * In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, providers may request a temporary exception to continue receiving PCS reports via mail. As an alternative, providers can retrieve PCS report online now using the Reporting On-Demand tool via the Availity® Provider Portal, at no cost.
To request an exception related to COVID-19, email the Provider Education Consultants team prior to May 1, 2020. Please indicate “PCS Exception Request for COVID-19” in the subject line when submitting this request to BCBSMT.
- The PCS report will be available in Reporting On-Demand once BCBSMT finalizes claim processing.
- Reporting On-Demand is located in BCBSMT-branded Availity Payer Spaces and gives you a way to receive claim outcome results for multiple patients in one central location.
- Reporting On-Demand is available to registered Availity users. If you are not yet registered, visit Availity and complete the online, no cost, guided registration today.
- If you have not yet enrolled to receive 835 Electronic Remittance Advice (ERA) or Electronic Payment Summary (EPS) files from BCBSMT, you can enroll online via the Availity Portal.
- ERA receivers may also use Availity's Remittance Viewer tool to search, view, save and print remittance information, even if the ERA is delivered to an appointed receiver.
- If you currently receive mailed PCS reports and would like to continue to receive via mail or learn more about Reporting On-Demand, you may submit a request to the Provider Education Consultants.
Training and Support
We are hosting complimentary webinars you to learn how to obtain the PCS report online using the Reporting On-Demand tool. Select the link below for your preferred date and time to register.
April 14, 2020 – 2 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
April 16, 2020 – 9 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.
April 28, 2020 – 1 p.m. to 1:30 a.m.
April 30, 2020 – 11 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
Visit the Provider Tools section of our website to view the Reporting On-Demand tip sheet. For assistance with 835 ERA enrollment, refer to the Availity EFT & ERA Enrollment tip sheet.
If you have questions or need customized training, you may contact our Provider Education Consultants.
*The information in this notice does not apply to Medicare crossover or Medicare Advantage claims.
Availity is a trademark of Availity, LLC, a separate company that operates a health information network to provide electronic information exchange services to medical professionals. Availity provides administrative services to BCBSMT. BCBSMT makes no endorsement, representations or warranties regarding any products or services provided by third party vendors such as Availity. If you have any questions about the products or services provided by such vendors, you should contact the vendor(s) directly.