April 07, 2020
Updated Aug. 10, 2020
Updated Oct. 9, 2020
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Montana (BCBSMT) is waiving member cost-sharing, including deductibles, copayments and coinsurance related to treatment for COVID-19. The waiver applies to costs associated with COVID-19 treatment at in-network facilities and treatment for out-of-network emergencies.
Which members are Included?
The new policy applies to all fully insured group plan, individual and family plan, Medicare (excluding Part D plans), and Healthy Montana Kids (HMK), and Medicare Supplement members. Many of our members are covered under a health plan that is self-insured by their employer. Some of these members may be responsible for copay or deductibles, based on their employer’s election to participate in this benefit.
How Long will cost sharing be waived?
The policy is effective for treatment received April 1, 2020, through Dec. 31, 2020. We will reassess this policy as circumstances warrant.
How to Submit COVID-19 Treatment Claims
Submit your claims for COVID-19 treatment of confirmed cases of COVID-19 using ICD-10 code U07.1.
What else is BCBSMT Doing in Response to the COVID-19 Pandemic?
Other changes announced by BCBSMT in the wake of the novel coronavirus pandemic include:
- Expanding access to telemedicine coverage
- Waiving preauthorization and members’ cost-sharing for testing to diagnose COVID-19
- Lifting restrictions on early prescription fills
- Lifting cost-sharing for in-network, medically necessary services delivered via telemedicine (may differ by plan)
- Waiving prior authorization requirements for transfers to in-network, alternative post-acute facilities until April 30, 2020
- Launching dedicated COVID-19 websites so members can easily access information and resources around COVID-19
- Opening a special-enrollment period for fully insured commercial group account customers
- Launching the COVID-19 Collaborative Grant Fund to provide resources and support to those most impacted by the pandemic.
For the latest information on our response to the COVID-19 pandemic and as well as other information and tips to stay healthy, please visit the BCBSMT website.