Your health plan or network is shown on your Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Montana (BCBSMT) member ID card. If you have questions about which network you have, call the customer service number listed on your member ID card.
Tips for PPO Health Plan Members
- Stay in-network. If you visit a doctor or a hospital that is not in your network, you will be responsible for the full cost of your care, in most cases. Use our provider search tool to find doctors, specialists, hospitals and pharmacies in your network. You can also check if labs or imaging centers are in your network before having tests. Register or log in to Blue Access for MembersSM, our secure member website, for a personalized search experience based on your health plan and network.
- Find a doctor. You don't need a referral to see a doctor or other health care professional for a specific health issue, but whoever you choose must be in your plan's network to avoid paying higher out-of-network costs.
- Get prior authorization. Certain tests and procedures must be pre-approved before you go as described in your benefit documents. You or your doctor must call the prior authorization (pre-authorization) number listed on your member ID card.
- Use the ER for emergencies only. If your illness or injury is serious, call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room. You don't have to stay in-network.
- Know where to go. Before you go for care, make sure you know how your plan works, what’s covered and where to go. It may save you time and money. Learn more about making your insurance work for you.