After You Enroll
Now that you're enrolled in your Blue Medicare Supplement Insurance Plan, find out what's covered, how we stay in touch with you, how to check your member ID card and how to make a payment.
Outline of Coverage
Your outline of coverage details benefits of your plan. It shows you what you pay for your plan, what Medicare pays for, and what your plan covers that Medicare does not. Your outline of coverage also provides details on renewing your policy, what benefits are excluded and coverage limitations.
Staying in Touch With You
During the year we'll send updates about your plan. Be sure to review these letters since they impact how much you pay for the plan, how much Medicare covers, and how much your plan covers.
- Rate Change Mailing: If Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Montana changes your monthly premium, we'll let you know in advance with a letter showing your new premium.
- CMS Deductible Change Benefit Mailings: Each year, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) changes coinsurance, copayments, and deductibles that Medicare covers. We'll let you know what those changes are.
- Creditable Cover Letter: Creditable coverage means that you have a health care plan that meets a minimum set of criteria. Each year you'll receive a letter confirming that your plan meets the criteria. If you want to change your plan, you'll need to show this letter when selecting a new plan.
- Explanation of Benefits (EOB): You will receive a statement called the Explanation of Benefits. This statement is not a bill. It simply details what you have paid and indicates the level of benefits you've used. Review these to be sure they are correct. If you think there are errors, call customer service. If you think you are the victim of fraud, report it immediately.
Check Your ID Card
Please note: You can start using your benefits on your effective date, even if your ID card has not yet arrived in the mail. If something is wrong with your ID card, please let us know. If you have a problem with or need to order a new ID card, call Blue Medicare Supplement Insurance Customer Service at 1-855-520-1577. We're open from 9:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m., CT, Monday through Friday.
Make a Payment
We offer three ways to pay your premium. Depending on which method you choose, you may or may not receive a printed bill.
- Direct Billing: You will receive a monthly premium bill in the mail, and you may pay by check. Notices are mailed on the 15th of each month with a due date of the 1st of the next month. For example, your June 15th bill will be due July 1.
- Automatic Premium Payment Program: Your monthly premium is withdrawn automatically from your checking or savings account on the 4th business day of each month. Choose this option. Complete and print the agreement form. Mail the completed form as instructed.
You can change your billing option at any time. Call Blue Medicare Supplement Insurance Customer Service at 1-855-520-1577. We are open 9:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m., CT, Monday through Friday.
Medicare Supplement Forms
Below are some forms you may have to fill out while you're a member.
- Automatic Premium Payment Program Authorization Agreement
- Protected Health Information (PHI)
Health care fraud can be reduced or even prevented through awareness. Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Montana (BCBSMT) is committed to finding and stopping health care fraud, waste and abuse through its Special Investigations Department. This department is there to protect you and your plan. However, BCBSMT needs your help to find and prevent health care fraud.
There are things you can do to help find and prevent health care fraud. Review our fighting fraud checklist.