Shopping for Health Insurance?
Join our mailing list to receive helpful information.
Your information has been received.
Your information could not be received.
You've chosen a company you can count on.
Share the news with friends on Facebook and Twitter so they can choose Blue too.
Advantages of Membership
Member Voice features real-life, unscripted experiences. Members are not compensated for their participation.
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Montana is the largest and most experienced health care insurance company in the state. We provide coverage to more than 300,000 members. Why do so many Montanans choose us?
- Largest Network — We have the largest PPO network in the state.
- Trusted Name — With nearly 75 years of experience, we are the most trusted name in the health care industry.
- Member Services — Customer advocates provide unrivaled service.
- Tools You Can Use — Use our innovative web-based tools and apps to get the most from your health insurance plan.
When you choose a health care insurance plan from Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Montana, you get more options to meet your needs. We have the largest PPO network in the state of Montana, which gives you a wide choice of doctors, hospitals and health care professionals.
- Available in all 56 counties
National coverage is available when traveling or living outside home state in the U.S.
- Easy claims and administration
- Largest PPO network in the country
- 96% of hospitals and 83% of physicians nationwide
- Available in all 50 states, Washington D.C. and Puerto Rico
International coverage is available while traveling outside the U.S. in over 200 countries.
We are the most recognizable and trusted name in the health care insurance industry. We've been around for more than 75 years. When you've been around that long, you get to see generations of families grow to live healthy and inspired lives.
Unlike some of the national, publicly-traded health insurance companies, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Montana is customer-owned. This means our owners and customers are one and the same. Our long-term planning and investment strategies deliver more stability and consistency versus a quarterly report's bottom line.
* Source: Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association, 2015
We focus on your personal needs, not transactions. This sets us apart from other health care insurers. Our service staff is empowered to serve as your advocates. That’s why we call them Customer Advocates. They take responsibility for helping you navigate the health care insurance process and understand your benefits. They truly serve as your advocate.
- Focus on call quality, not call volume
- Go the extra mile to assist you
- Provide guidance based on your personal situation
- Help you understand and get the most from health and wellness programs and tools
Our dedication to our members is reflected in our member satisfaction ratings. Our satisfaction rate for phone inquiries is 92%, with 92% of inquiries being resolved in the first phone call.
Source: HCSC by the Numbers, 2014
Blue Access for MembersSM
Through Blue Access for Members (BAM), our secure member website, you can access health plan information, resources and tools. The information can vary, depending on your plan.
- Review benefits, account balances, claims status and more.
- Order a replacement ID card or print a temporary card.
- View and print an Explanation of Benefits (EOB) for a claim.
- Search for and compare in-network doctors and hospitals using Provider Finder®.
- Use the Cost Estimator tool to research, estimate and compare costs of services and treatments from doctors, hospitals and other facilities based on your plan coverage.
Blue Access MobileSM
Blue Access Mobile makes it easy for you to access your information while on the go. You can view coverage details, health and wellness information, check claim status and access ID card information. You can also sign up to get text or email alerts and tips for:
- Claims Information — Get alerts when a claim status changes.
- Exercise and Fitness — Get weekly tips to help improve your workouts.
- Prescription Drugs — Sign up for alerts to check blood sugar, take a medication or a multivitamin.
- Diabetes Diet — Get weekly diet management tips to help stabilize insulin levels.
- Heart Healthy Diet and Basic Care Management — Get weekly messages with heart healthy diet management and basic care tips.
Health and Wellness Resources
- Provider Finder® — Find doctors, hospitals and urgent care facilities. Register or log in to Blue Access for Members for a personalized search experience based on your health plan and network. Provider Finder is also available in the BCBSMT app for your smartphone. You can search using your phone's GPS and save information to your address book.
- LifeTimes eNewsletter — LifeTimes is your award-winning guide to lifelong health. The newsletter is emailed each month to members who have signed up for Blue Access for Members (BAM). (View sample newsletter). You can also visit the LifeTimes website any time for information on managing common health conditions, disease prevention, nutrition, fitness, and other health and wellness tips.
- Already a member? Register for BAM to get LifeTimes. In addition to health and wellness information, you'll get important updates about your benefits and coverage.
- Not a member? Visit the LifeTimes website for health and wellness content.
- eCards for HealthSM — Our free website offers ecards, screen savers and healthy tips that you can send to your family and friends encourages them to make healthy lifestyle changes.
- Centered App — Our award-winning stress management app guides you through meditation sessions, tracks your mood, and records your steps, much like a pedometer. If you're always on the go, this app will help remind you to set aside time for your health and wellness. Available for iPhone® 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus and Apple Watch. Learn more about Centered App
Valuable Member Programs
As a BCBSMT member, you have access to a range of programs that can help you get and stay healthy.
- Blue Care Connection® programs can help you manage weight, control stress, monitor your health, quit tobacco and more.
- Blue365® offers discounts on health-related products, health and fitness clubs, weight-loss programs and much more.
This is only a brief description of some of the plan benefits. Not all benefits are offered by all Plans mentioned above. For more complete details, including benefits, limitations and exclusions, please refer to your certificate of coverage.