If you get your Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Montana (BCBSMT) health care coverage through your job, changes to your 2024 pharmacy benefit program may start on January 1, 2024.1
Check if any of these changes may impact you. You can also learn how to get the most of your pharmacy benefits. Be sure to come back to this page often for any changes to your drug list.
Look Up Prescription Drugs
Starting January 1, 2024, some prescription drugs:
- Will move to a higher or lower drug tier
- May be added to or removed from the drug list
- Have new additional requirements
2024 Drug List
Here’s your 2024 drug list (for coverage that renews or starts on or after January 1, 2024):
$0 HDHP-HSA Preventive Drug List (This applies only for Blue Preferred Gold PPOSM 135, Blue Preferred Gold PPOSM 123, Blue Preferred Gold PPOSM 101, Blue Preferred Silver PPOSM 136, Blue Preferred Silver PPOSM 127, Blue Preferred Silver PPOSM 122, Blue Preferred Silver PPOSM 101, Blue Preferred Bronze PPOSM 134, Blue Focus Gold POSSM 101, Blue Focus Silver POSSM 101, Blue Focus Silver POSSM 003 and Blue Focus Bronze POSSM 002 plans)
Please note that some drugs may be covered under your health plan’s medical benefits instead of your pharmacy benefits.2
- Medical benefits: drugs covered under your medical benefits must be given to you by a health care professional in a hospital, office or health care setting.
- Pharmacy benefits: drugs covered under your pharmacy benefits are prescribed medicines you can take on your own.
If you are taking or prescribed a drug that is not on your plan’s drug list, call the number on your member ID card to see if the drug may be covered by your plan’s medical benefits.