What You Should Know about Dispensing Limits
- Your prescription drug coverage includes limits on certain medications.
- Limits may include quantity of covered medication per prescription, quantity of covered medication in a given time period and coverage only for members within a certain age range.
- These limits reflect generally accepted pharmaceutical manufacturers' guidelines.
- They also help encourage medication use as intended by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
- For more information, view the Dispensing Limits for your Drug List:
- Basic (Standard) Drug List Dispensing Limits
- Enhanced (Generics Plus) Drug List Dispensing Limits
- Performance Drug List Dispensing Limits
- Performance Select Drug List Dispensing Limits
Request Override for Dispensing Limit
If your drug request is not shown in the drug categories of the dispensing limits drug list, please use the standard dispensing limit override form below. This form should be completed by the prescribing physician and faxed to the Prime Therapeutics Clinical Review Department at 877-243-6930. If you have questions or need additional information, call 888-723-7443.